... mii amo ..

getting s(t)ick(ed)

6.27.2006

I rarely get sick.. as in sick, sick --the type that makes you stay at home for a couple of days, confined to your bed, and down with the fever. A few days ago, I DID get sticked sick. So sick that I can't even eat and sleep well. But it's not because of some virus. Nope-nope-nope! It's because of a small piece of barbecue stick that I accidentally swallowed and lodged to my throat. Creepy huh?

It was June 17 and I was on date with my beloved. He asked where I'd like to eat and I answered, "KFC!" I'd really like to try the new Chicken BBQ. It looks so yummy! So off we went and after a few bites or so, the horror began. After 5 grueling days (3 of them being absent from work), lots of bananas, buong rice, spoons of virgin coconut oil, 5 clinics, 2 hospitals, 2 doctors slash ENTs, an endoscopy, thyroid ultrasound, and a week of drinking antibiotics and mucolytics, I finally got better. Thank God it was over. Lucky for me, they didn't have to admit me in the hospital and cut my throat open *ewww*

Oh well.. it's another new lesson learned.
Never eat KFC's Chicken BBQ ever again. *LOL*