... mii amo ..

tara na sa panagbenga (day 2 of 3)

2.27.2008
- Feb. 23, 2008 -
Not enjoying a sound slumber, I constantly woke up every hour or so. I'm not sure why.. It might have been the pillows.. the chilly climate.. or maybe the nostalgia --perhaps I just miss my own bed *hehe* Anyway, I finally decided to get up @ 7am and watch tv. I kept waking Ryan but he won't budge *sleepy-head* I knew there was a parade but I'm not sure what time it will be. And so, I called the hotel's front desk and asked for some info. He then told me that the parade would start at 8. Finally, sleepy-head woke up (and so did his friends) so we all had breakfast, took a (freezing) shower and headed straight for Session Road.

The parade's theme was "Street Dancing." It featured all the schools in Baguio and they competed in different divisions. I'm not sure who won but I enjoyed watching all of them. However, the guys in igorot costumes got my attention 'coz you could really see their butts *haha! dun daw ba tumingin*

After watching half of the parade, we then headed to Mine's View Park. There were lots of people taking pictures so I was able to get only one shot. I even saw Doglas, the adorable St. Bernard. Too bad we weren't able to take a picture with him though. Anyway, after shopping for pasalubongs, we grabbed something to eat and went back to the hotel to rest.

@ 7pm, we all went out to get a bite. It was drizzling outside but it was still a busy night. You could see plenty of people walking around. I guess they don't mind the bad weather after all. And so, after having dinner, we decided to tour the ukay-ukays. There were lots of stuff to choose from. There were pants, jackets, tops, shoes and even underwear *hmm 2nd-hand undies??...creepy* I ended up buying a tigger tshirt (i chose him over pooh) for a 100 bucks and Ryan ended up purchasing a brand new jacket for 500.

Just before retiring to bed, we found out that there was a free concert courtesy of Bombo Radyo (i don't know if i got that right). We then hurried to Burnham Park to see who their guests are. We got there just in time.. start pa lang ng performance ng Shamrock. So I got to see Mark Tupaz in person.. ang ganda talaga ng voice nya. Hayyy *dreamy* He sang their famous songs including the newest one, yung theme song ng My BF GF which is entitled "All I Need." The next performer naman was a rock band. Their group is called Join the Club. Honestly, I've never heard of them pero okay naman yung music nila. Ang kulit nga nung vocalist kasi bumaba pa sya ng stage at umakyat kung saan-saan. And yung drummer naman nila nahulog pa sa upuan nya *hehe* Anyway, it kept raining so we decided to go back and go to bed.